HomePage Forums Traveler Full Video Slider layout issue

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am implementing the ‘Full Video Slider’ layout with a transparent header. The problem I am having, however, is that since the main header is now in “position: absolute;” my content now appears behind the header on ALL pages (header is removed from document flow, so main content is shifted up). Instead of adding extra top margins for every separate page on divs, is there a way to add a rule to apply to the whole website?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hello

Could you provide your site with an admin account so i can check and help you fix it?

Thanks

Sorry, unfortunately we cannot provide access because it’s not a public-facing site, we’re using a local development environment and cannot provide you with remote access.

Please have a look at the way your demo is set up:

Full Video Slider

In the custom css, for the homepage, there are top margins set for content components:
    css=”.vc_custom_1506051205215{margin-top: 175px !important;padding-top: 50px !important;

Is there a way to avoid this so that the “position: absolute” setting for the header does not disrupt page flow?

Thanks 🙂

ok, I have figured out a much simpler solution.

For anyone else that needs it:

1. GET RID OF ‘position:absolute;’ for the header, as it disrupts page flow for all other pages on the site, and instead just leave the transparency of the header as is/as desired.
    2. Then just add a negative top margin to the video component equal to your header’s height, so that it appears behind the header on the home page and Voila!

This will leave the page flow undisrupted (will recognise the header as a header) on the rest of the website pages and won’t cause layout issues for the whole site.

🙂

Hello

Thank for your information. It will help other customer a lot.

Please contact if you have any other question so i can help you check.

Best regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.