HomePage Forums Traveler Hotel Search Problem: Booking.com, Expedia and HotelsCombined don't work

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

When I choose Booking.com, Expedia or HotelsCombined in Traveler Settings > Search Options, they don’t show up in the Hotel search content tab. The Hotel tab looks like “frozen.”

(My affiliate code and scripts are correctly configured in the API section).

However, if I select TravelPayouts Hotel in the Search Options, this works fine.

Thanks.

Hello

In Traveler Settings > Search Options, it will allow you to create search tab for your site. To make it appear to search on your front page, you need select it in Search element setting of your page.

My images will show you more details.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Bryan,

You misunderstood the problem.

1) When I create a tab in Traveler > Search Options and assign Booking.com, Expedia or HotelsCombined to that tab, then that tab doesn’t display any content on the final page. See the pictures.

2) Please, let me know how can I remove “Search flights/hotels API of TravelPayouts” info shown at the bottom of the search area.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Hello

Which site did you config the search tab like your image? i can not find the option so i create new search tab in Search Option for Booking.com and create this page to check tab:

https://tourismopolis.com/check-search-tab/

As you can see, when i activated parent theme, the search tab content display well.

Please check again.

Thanks

Hi Bryan,

Yesterday I have done exactly what you explain here, but I couldn’t get it to work.

I won’t ask what you did, but now Booking.com works fine under any tab.

The Expedia widget also works, but it is limited in space (see picture). Could you let me know some custom CSS for the container to avoid that?

Thanks.

Attachments:

TRAVELPAYOUTS:

Please, also let me know how can I remove “Search flights/hotels API of TravelPayouts” info shown at the bottom of the search area.

Thanks.

Hello

Please provide the page url that contain these tabs so i can help you check and style it again by css code.

ALso you can turn off TravelPayout API info in Traveler Settings > API Configure > TravelPayout tab > Show API Info.

Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

You’ll find a test page in Locations > EXPEDIA TEST.

Thanks for the API tip. As a beginner with the Traveler theme is really hard to remember all the settings. Thank you indeed!

Hello

That is Location type. It can not display the search form layout like Page type.

I have quick fixed for you by quick css code:

.sfw-tile-content-wrapper .tile-content {
        padding-top: 49px;
        position: relative;
    }
    #st_location_single .search-tabs .tab-content > .tab-pane#tab-expedia7 {
        height: 290px;
    }

Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

You did a great job! Awesome!

Thank you for your excellent support. This issue is solved, so you can close this thread.

Thanks!

Hi Bryan,

IMPORTANT – PROBLEM NOT SOLVED IN CHILDTHEME!

I have noticed right now that you solved the problem in the Main Theme, not in the Child theme!

I use Traveler Childtheme, so I need the solution there. Please help. Thanks.

Hello

Did you custom any code in child theme about search function? I can not see the tab content of expedia tab so i can not style it for you.

https://tourismopolis.com/?post_type=location&p=11436&preview=true

Please check again.

Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

No, I didn’t custom any code about the search function.

We can’t see the tab content of Expedia, Booking.com, and HotelsCombined in the Child theme.

This has been the problem from the beginning of this thread. Good that you see the issue now! 🙂

You make them work on the Main Theme, but that doesn’t help me. I need this stuff working correctly on the Child theme.

Test page: Locations > EXPEDIA/BOOKING.COM/HOTELSCOMBINED TEST

Obs.: your custom CSS for Expedia is in the upper part of the custom CSS box (Traveler Settings > Styling Options).

Thanks.

Hello

May be one of your customized code conflict with it. I see a lot of error in location page when activate child theme related to .js file.

Please check again.

Thanks

Attachments:

Hi Bryan,

Sorry Bryan, but I’m not a programmer/coder. I have no idea what all that means.

Also, I didn’t change any code, just because I’m not able to do it.

We have 3 affiliate search boxes that work perfect on the Main theme, but fail to work in the Child theme:
    – HotelsCombined
    – Expedia
    – Booking.com

Then, it is evident that there is a problem with the Child theme.

I’ll appreciate your help to get this working.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.