HomePage Forums Traveler Important Question about Traveler Theme as a Marketplace

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  galaxy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I see a couple of BIG problems here:

1) Partners can set external booking links.
    I’ll not earn any single penny from these bookings because they will be managed on external (affiliate) websites.

2) Partners must fill up their email, phone and address on the forms for the services they provide. And eventually a website too.
    Bad idea. Any user can contact the Partners and book directly with them. I’ll not earn any single penny from these bookings.

To earn commissions from a Partner, all bookings have to be processed in the Traveler Theme and not on an external (affiliate) website.

Perhaps Membership Packages are a good place to allow/disallow Partner contact info + external booking.

The 1-Million question:
    How can I prevent Partners from publishing contact info (email, address, phone, website), and prevent them from external booking?

Thanks.

——————————————————————————————————-
    A workaround with the present Membership Packages is not a solution. See the examples below.

Examples:
    1) Free Membership Package
    – Partners with affiliate links only -> All bookings are external –> I don’t earn any penny => I simply offer my website for free for these guys!
    – Service providers -> all bookings in Traveler theme -> I earn a commission.

2) Priced Membership Package
    – Partners with affiliate links only -> All bookings are external –> I only earn the price of the package
    – Service providers -> all bookings in Traveler theme -> I earn the price of the package + a commission.

As you can see, it is not good and also not fair for real service providers.

——————————————————————————————————-

Hello

I can help you remove these field from partner dashboard so partner will not see these field anymore.

Please send me a screenshot about these field so i can help you do it.

Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Find a zip file attached, with pictures of the services and the fields to be hidden.

Basically, I want to keep only the Address field for each service. All other fields like email, phone, fax, website and external booking should be hidden.

Please, ensure that the final page for each service only shows the address… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Obs.: there is also a little issue with the user avatar. See the attached image in the zip file.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello

I removed these field for your from partner dashboard by this code:

/*remove email and phone on single page  */
    .single .list.list-inline.text-small {display: none;}

/* remove file from partner dashboard  */

/* Hotel  */
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-hotel-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(6),
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-hotel-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(8),
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-hotel-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(10)
    {display: none;}

/* room  */
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-room-facility .row:nth-child(2) {display: none;}

/* tour  */
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(1),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(5){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-tours #tab-info .row:nth-child(2) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(1),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-tours #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(5){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-tours #tab-info .row:nth-child(2) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4){display: none;}

/* Activity  */

.container.bg-partner-new.create-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(1),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(5){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-activity #tab-price-setting .row:nth-child(1) > .col-md-6:nth-child(14){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(1),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(4),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-activity #tab-general .row:nth-child(3) > .col-md-6:nth-child(5){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-activity #tab-price-setting .row:nth-child(1) > .col-md-6:nth-child(14){display: none;}

/* Car  */
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-cars #tab-contact-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.create-cars #tab-contact-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(6){display: none;}

.container.bg-partner-new.edit-cars #tab-contact-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(3),
    .container.bg-partner-new.edit-cars #tab-contact-details .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(6){display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-car-options .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(3){display: none;}

/* Rental  */
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-agent-info .row > .col-md-6{display: none;}
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-agent-info .row > .col-md-6:nth-child(4){display: block;}
    .container.bg-partner-new #tab-rental-option .row:nth-child(2) > .col-md-6:nth-child(3){display: none;}

/* End  */

Also that is not user avatar. It is Hotel logo of hotel that room belong. You can edit the hotel and find that option in Hotel Details tab > Hotel Logo.

Please check again.

Thanks

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your help.

Some fields still resist hiding. See attached pictures.

———————————————————-

Avatar in Hotel Rooms: it is indeed avatar (pic + name of the uploader).
    Rooms are independent of any hotel. According to your docs, it is not necessary to attach the hotel anymore. And I have set up many real rooms that way…

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello

I have removed the avatar and author name for you from single room.

.single-hotel_room .booking-item-details .avatar {display: none;}

Also the remain field in partner dashboard is required field and it can not be hidden.

You have to change theme code to remove it.

Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the css. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now I understand the remaining fields are required.
    It was my fault. Sorry about that!

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thank you so much for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.