HomePage Forums Traveler Location List vs. Slide Location >> Image size

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I´m using images with size 260×200 as featured images so when they are used by the Location List element they are optimum in size and load fast (see location-List.png)
    However, when they are used by the Slide Location element, they are blown up and don´t look fine, kind of low quality (see slide-location.png)
    What should I do in this case in order to display crisp and clear images without compromising loading speed?
    Regards,
    Pablo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello

Your image is too small.

Please upload image in 1366x768px or higher then check again.

Thanks

Ok, I can do that but if I do it Location List element would be using a 1366x768px image in a 260×200 placeholder (see attachment) which would slow down loading speeds massively.
    Is there any way around this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello

Theme will automatic crop the image to display in list section with enough size.

Don’t worry about the image size.

Thanks

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Just to clarify, if I upload images 1366x768px in size:
    – The system will crop them for the Slide Location element keeping their size in terms of KB.
    …but, for the Location List (see Screen-Shot-2018-01-18-at-08.50.49.png):

Will the theme scale the images down but keep their size in terms of KB?
    or
    It will scale them down and reduce their size?

The second option optimices loading speed but if I, for example, display a grid with 10 x 1366x768px images in 260×200 placeholders I would be affecting performance.

What does the them exactly do and how can I display images that exactly fit the placeholder´s size?
    Regards,
    Pablo

Hello

Each place have separate size so theme will automatic crop it to display at that place.

Thank for your understanding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.