HomePage Forums Traveler Multi-language layouts not working

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have tried to configure some tours for my second language but the Layout as a second language is not working as I had assumed it would.Is it supposed to work the same as the other multi-language configurations? Please help.

Hello

You should duplicate the tour layout to second language then edit it for your second language.

We are not recommend using one layout for multi languages.

Thanks

At this point I am not going to use layouts due that labor intensive process.

Hello

I do not clear your point. Please description more details so i can help you better.

Thanks

Because I would need to manage an extra set of files just for formatting seemed like more overhead that I wanted to deal with. I also plan to just add the VC code to each page rather than getting it from a layout. All of this is related to the extra overhead that translation adds to the website.

Hello

Currently you can still using same layout for multi languages but you can not easy translate some special word like the text title in different language. It will change for all language if you change anything on the layout.

That’s why we recommend using one layout for one language.

Thanks

Thanks. I understand that concept but will just embed the layout code on each page as I don’t have that many pages to deal with. It’s interesting that not all the text from the VC elements makes to the translation manager (example ST About Icon).

Good morning.

Please contact if you have any other question so i can help you check it.

Have a nice day!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.