HomePage Forums Traveler "No rooms available" message when rooms are available

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

We are having a very strange issue. On the page: http://copy.eenstageopcuracao.nl/hotel/bellisimaweg-als-hotel/ we sometimes get the message “No rooms available” when looking for a room in a hotel. We get this message randomly especially when we use dates in the far future (new year). I checked availability in the backend but all the rooms are available on the chosen dates. We had the same issue when looking for a hotel. I checked error logs and used query monitor to check for errors but there aren’t any. I’m using the latest traveler version and no caching is enabled. I’m getting quite desperate about this because when the search function is not reliable we can not use the website. I hope you can help us out!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

When i check your hotel, the room available is still there for over year checked. If you see the unavailable message, it might problem when checking calendar available with too many request date of search so theme can not find immediately.

Thanks

Attachments:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is not the number of requests because this is a test site and I’m the only visitor.
    I noticed the button “Sync availability”. After clicking the button the rooms are available again so I think it has something to do with syncing. How does this work? is it necessary to do this manual or does it normally work automatically? I want to make sure we don’t have this issues in our online site!

In addition to my earlier reply: when I sync our online site it’s not working (see attachment). It’s taking forever and the sync date is not updated.

Attachments:

You can go to Traveler Settings > General Options section to enable all service the sync availability and then go back to that section to disable service you do not want to use.

Thanks

Thank you, syncing is now working.
    Can you please let me know when we need to sync? For me it is still very odd that I need to sync manual to have reliable search results. This booking module is the most important part of your theme and it must be reliable!

Hello

The better way to do it is right after update new theme version. It will help you update database structure to make the data loading well.

Thanks

The search for hotel rooms is still not reliable. It still shows “no rooms found” for certain dates. It’s a very random proces, sometimes all the rooms are available for the chosen period, next some rooms are available or no rooms are available. This is driving me crazy! It’s the most important part of our website and it should be reliable. Can you please check this page: http://copy.eenstageopcuracao.nl/hotel/bellisimaweg-als-hotel/ and try a number of periods to see what is happening? It shouldn’t take long to reproduce the problems!

I tried some date to check room available of your hotel and see with any date i choose, the room is displaying well.

Please check again.

Thanks

Attachments:

I don’t understand why you don’t see any problems with the room availability on our website. In the attached screenshot there are no rooms available for dates 29 nov 2018 – 22 jan 2021. When you fill in those dates on page http://copy.eenstageopcuracao.nl/hotel/bellisimaweg-als-hotel/ you should be able to reproduce the problem.
    Can you please try again?

Attachments:

Your checkout and checkin time is too long. Did you sure your room is available in that time without any unavailable date?

Thanks

Yes, the rooms are available for that period. The problem is that the result of the date filter is not stable. For instance:
    1. You see that there are no rooms shown for a certain date
    2. You check the room in the backend for availability to see if this is correct (which is NOT the case, there are rooms available)
    3. Retry for the exact same dates and then there are rooms available!

So, the result of the query is not reliable! How is this possible. I checked everything, no errors. I also increased the memory limit. Do you have any suggestions I could try. Could it be server related?

Hello

Theme is only display hotel that can booking at the search time. If you set period option, it won’t display on search time (current date).

Thanks

I have no idea what you mean by that. My problem is that one moment I have a room available for a chosen start date and end date and the next moment it is NOT available. And if you look at the availability of that room it should be available.
    So there is some sort of problem somewhere, but I don’t see any errors, I have enough memory available and no caching plugin enabled. It is only happening in the hotel room search. The hotel search, car and rentals are working fine.

The search available is searching the room available in all that date range. If your room have one moment available for a chosen start date and end date and the next moment it is NOT available, it can not be show up in result list.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.