September 1, 2017 at 8:34 am #13510
Firstly, thanks for a great theme that covered much of our requirements!
We have built our client a site around your Traveler theme and have some bugs below that need fixing before we go live. We have made mods in child-theme but these point below we could not resolve. Can you please check and advise?:
1./ Facebook/Twitter Tour share – When sharing a tour, it comes up with Site address (in this case IP because we are staging see attached), other times it comes up Traveler – Hotel Booking regardless what is being shared whereas it should show Tour (Post) Title link and either the excerpt or description which is what other themes do. – see attached screenshot
2./ Header search doesn’t work. If you enter search and press enter it goes nowhere. If you start entering search text and then wait a long time, it does display matching Tours/Locations beneath the search box but this is incredibly slow for it to be useful.
3./ We have added additional Taxonomy in tours called duration however the order displayed Advanced Search Dropdown and cannot be changed. As this is displaying number of days, its important that the order be alphabetical at the very least or even better an order we can control (as in order by number) – see attached
4./ Tour Filter Display – When add additional Taxonomies to the ST Tour Filter Box widget apart from the inbuilt ones it makes a mess of the formatting of the sidebar. i.e. the extra filter falls out of the sidebar block. We have this setup in the location sidebar. – see attached
5. / Tour filter functionality – There are 2 problems here. the first is that the this should be an “OR” function not an “AND” function as with other filters I’ve worked with. Can you advise where we can address this in which file? Secondly when you check a parent category, it checks all the sub-categories (which is already problem becuas eof the current “AND” function as mentioned above), but then when you check the Parent category again, it doesn’t uncheck the sub-categories. I hope you can see that because of the speed of the filtering as it stands and the this becomes a very loong process for filtering. So ideally we would like and “OR” function for filtering and single checkbox only when selcting parent or sub category. We can include all tours in the Parent category too so there is no need to check all the sub-category boxes.
I’ve seen this addressed on your old support system and in the Themeforest Comments area but found no solution.
Thanks for looking into these. the client is very happy and we are too with the outcome and just need these addressed to allow the site to go live after content is loaded. Please advise which files you have worked on if any and place in child-theme so we know where to look in future.
Our kindest regards..September 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm #14170
1. Before share to facebook, you can check debug by using facebook tool here:
2. When i switch to parent theme and try to search Cairo tour, it automatic display well.
3. unluckily, theme does not have order by option for advance search. We will check and update in future.
4. I searched your tour in Cairo and duration display well in filter sidebar.
5. The filter work with AND method. Please follow my image to change to OR.
ThanksSeptember 4, 2017 at 4:04 pm #14240
1. I’m not sure what url you want me to put in that developer link but all I know is that when you try and share tour, the post title etc don’t appear in share like in your demo:
Try yourself: http://22.214.171.124/~sunislandtoursco/tours/egyptian-highlights/
Your demo: http://travelerwp.com/tour/3-day-loire-mer-extraordinaire/
2. I switched to parent them and tried search “egypt” and it took 13secs for the results to drop down. This is exactly the same as with child theme. That’s too slow and also if you press enter it doesn’t go to a search results page so people think it just doesn’t work.
3. Can you advise which file to change to add alphabetical order by option to the drop down please?
4. The problem is not happening in tour results, it’s happening in the Location page. It has something to do with the widget (currently under location sidebar) when add additional filter lists.
See here: http://126.96.36.199/~sunislandtoursco/locations/africa-middle-east/
5. Thank you for that. I will try it shortly. Can you also let me know how to ensure that if parent is clicked, that all sub-categories aren’t clicked as well? He would also like to know how to make filters option in sidebar closed not open as in not revealing filter until title is clicked.
Thanks again for looking into this..September 5, 2017 at 6:27 pm #15490September 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm #16000
1. that because of you are not using our layout to build tour content.
When i deactivated some 3rd part plugins, your tour display nothing.
2. Some of customer has also notified this issue. We are working on to improve it.
3. Please follow my image to do it.
'orderby' => 'name', 'order' => 'ASC',
4. Following our design, the filter function only work on search result page.
5. In order to change that, you need change a lot of code so it quite complicate to guide.
We will consider to update it.
ThanksSeptember 27, 2017 at 6:10 am #31300September 29, 2017 at 10:16 am #33320September 29, 2017 at 2:28 pm #33550
1. We will check again about this option and inform you to change it.
2. We are working on to release new theme version. With it, you no need to reload site for each time select the new filter.
It will available in one more hour.
ThanksOctober 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm #35030
1. Thank you. Please check because it is currently set as OR instead of AND, following your instructions but as you can see, no filtering is done at all when changing the taxonomy options.
2. We performed the update however the filter is not working with Ajax or separate filter button. Can you please advise?
Thanks!October 3, 2017 at 11:27 am #36010
Please rebuild the search result with new Ajax element then check again.
ThanksOctober 3, 2017 at 11:43 am #36060
What does that mean “rebuild the search result with new Ajax element”? That is not clear.
I have updated the theme and the ajax isn’t working in the filtering?
Thanks for a quick reply..October 3, 2017 at 2:58 pm #36420
We build new element to help customer select filter without reload the page.
My image will show you new element to build search result page.
ThanksOctober 3, 2017 at 4:08 pm #36640
Yes I’ve added the ajax filters and search result elements in tour results page but still no tours are appearing. It flashes up “X tours in xx” for a second and the ajax wheel turns but no tours show.
Can you please check and have a look. Don’t forget that the AND functionality has been changed to OR as you suggested above and that wasn’t working before the Ajax update either (read above message) so please check and make sure that this is working also. Thank you for your guidance!October 3, 2017 at 4:53 pm #36810
I have switch to main theme and it work well. Did you custom any code in child theme?
Please check again.
ThanksOctober 3, 2017 at 5:14 pm #36920
1.The tours appear but doesn’t filter the taxonomies correctly.
2. I have temporarily changed the AND to OR function on the main theme so class file so you can check that also.
I have made changes to child theme so will check what is effecting that. If you could get it working on the main themeI’ll work it out from there. Thanks.
The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.