HomePage Forums Traveler Some plugins are depreciated

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vay

Hello,
    I’m new here. I have some plugins that are required and recommended for Traveler WP theme, are depreciated. E.g OptionTree was updated 2 years ago, and sure that the author might not keep developing it. What alternatives for OptionTree?

The other issue I have is, when installing Traveler theme, that there some warnings around at both WordPress backend and front-end. Here are warnings:

function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /homepages/34/d715750015/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ESBooking/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/34/d715750015/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ESBooking/wp-content/plugins/option-tree/includes/ot-functions-admin.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/34/d715750015/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ESBooking/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php:111) in /homepages/34/d715750015/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ESBooking/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /homepages/34/d715750015/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ESBooking/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-upgrader-skin.php on line 150

Please help on the issue
    Vay

Hello

That is just warning message of php structure. Don’t worry, it does not effect on theme functions.

You can hide it by turn debug off.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

The following code, inserted in your wp-config.php file.

Thanks

Vay

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for information.

But I want to further discuss the plugin: OptionTree – it hasn’t been updated for two years, so will it be still included in Traveler theme? What alternatives? This may lead to bugs, backdoor security holes to a website using outdated WP plugins. And ShineTheme development team should further investigate that.

Again, warnings should be recognized, NOT ignore them, as they are to some extent, important to WordPress.What possible fixes for those warnings, rather than hiding them, using the following code: define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); @ini_set( ‘display_errors’, 0 );?

Thanks
    Vay

Hello

Optiontree is 3rd plugin and it only help theme display the list options of theme.

If you see any warning of that plugin, you can hide it by my suggestion.

Don’t worry, it does not effect on any theme functions.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.