HomePage Forums Traveler Syntax Error When Activating Traveler Theme

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am getting the following error when attempting to activate the Traveler theme that I recently purchased:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’, expecting ‘)’ in /home/todoey/public_html/wp-content/themes/traveler/inc/st-hook-functions.php on line 1305

I use Hostgator for my server provider and host a multitude of WordPress websites. Hostgator technical support said that the issue is not on the server side and that there is an issue with the theme files.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

I was able to figure this problem out on my own after an hour of research and testing. If anyone else receives a “syntax error” after activating the Traveler theme, be sure to update your version of PHP. I use Hostgator and I updated my version of PHP from 5.4 to 7.1. It updated instantly with a click of a button. I then refreshed the browser where the error code was showing and I was immediately logged into the Traveler theme dashboard.

It’s an easy fix once you know what the issue is.

I hope this helps!

Hello

That is great to hear from you.

You can refer our requirement bellow for more details:

Requirements For Traveler

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.