HomePage Forums Traveler Translation count filter

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  agustin866 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Brian, I can not find where is the word IN to translate , since now is in english, I use a child theme so inside child theme i have the es.mo and po files but this word is not in there

http://bookingcalafate.com/search-result-tours-1/?location_name=El+Calafate%2C+Santa+Cruz%2C+Argentina&location_id=20

I attached a pic

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

My image will show you the keyword to search.

Thanks

Attachments:

Great, I reaLLy tried to complete the translations but I am stucked with this items
    I forgot. also the /journey word that shows right to the price of the transfer

I attach pic

Attachments:

My images will show you the key word to search in language file.

Thanks

Attachments:

Hi Bryan , MMM I am using child theme so

1 I translate using the es_ES.po file from the language forlder in traveler child theme, but I can not find this 2 strings in there

What .po file are you using to find the strings?

Hello

Did you update your .po file to get full word?

My image will show you more details status of es_ES file/

Thanks

Attachments:

Thats my problem, I am using an outdated es.po please help me with this I have read the docs on upddating the po file and even saw the video but I can not follow the guy that made that things, he does it in local folder and says we must do it over ftp but then from ftp I can not open with po edit also he says open .mo and . po , I just dont get it.

Please if you can clarify me:

I am using child theme

So I have es_ES.po and mo in my child/language folder I actually used for translation obviously outtdated , I think I never updated lets call them ES.PO and ES.MO

I have the updated theme in traveler folder with the new language files
    es.po and es.mo

1. I must overwrite the es.po / es.mo with ES.PO / ES.MO ?
    2. Then I must update the ES.PO AND ES.MO from the traveler.po and traveler.mo (last version)
    3 AM I correct in step 1 and 2 or?

If I am correct:
    This is the part I am stuck how can I open 2 files over ftp with poedit? I am using Filezilla

There is not a way to do his offline to generate the new updated files.

Regards

Ok ; after watching the video many times I noticed that if I am right

1. He is opening the ja_JA.po file on the live site right?

ANd he sets the catalog properties to make and update from here , the live site

The problem for me is that I can not make the path . and the folder exclusion he does . since filezilla open my es_ES.po file but in a local copy in my pc and not on my host.

Hope you can help, thanks I can not understand clearly the video and the text either

Attachments:

Hello

When you translating, you are no need Filezilla.

1. If you have translated some specific word before, please go to your language folder of theme of your live site via FileZilla and download .po/.mo file to your computer.

2. Copy these 2 files to language folder of Theme package that you download from themeforest and overwrite it with currect files in that folder.

3. Open .po file by Poedit and see my image to config Poedit settings.

4. After configured Poedit, you can Update .po file to get full words and translate it.

5. After translate, Just copy 2 files (.po/.mo) to language folder of live site.

Thanks

Attachments:

Now I understood all the process Bryan , a big thank

Three doubts only

In the Traveler docs , the catalog properties shows this setting for plural forms
    A ‪nplurals=2; plural= (n > 1);

and in poedit , the setting are this
    ‪B nplurals=2; plural=n != 1;

and if I change it , a mess appears that the settings are strange fro spanish

You have ignored this part on your pics so I leave as it is poedit by default but?
    Which settings must be used for plural then A or B?

2.I have the es.po to update , but I have not found the Passenger/Class string you point to I think is only and example and not important rigth? The important is I am updating the es.po i have used for my transaltion right?

3. I have a lot of rules in Additional Keywords in poedit, I deleted them and only use yours is that correct?

__
    _e
    _n:1,2
    esc_html__

I have made the process with settings A or B and the process gives me this error, I attach pic

Attachments:

IN any way can you pass me the 5330 es.po file you have, I do not mind to start over with translations, I am really stuck now.

I can nor really upgrade the es.po file with the new words

Hello

You can get it in my attached.

Thanks

Attachments:

Thanks Bryan, I will use this now! Thanks a lot i will be bothering you in the next update!!
    Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.