August 24, 2019 at 2:31 pm #645340
My original thread was: https://shinehelp.shinetheme.com/forums/topic/adding-new-attributes-question/
It has morphed into a problem and away from my original question – so I am creating this new thread.
I started my site with demo data so I wouldn’t have to reconfigure everything. With that said – in the process of changing things to match my business, I added a few attributes and removed a few. After doing this – the search function throws a 500 Internal Server Error when I do not select anything and click search. If I chose any of the search criteria and click search – sometimes a new page comes up, but not always – and when it does its as if the whole page is not rendered.
After adding/removing attributes I did the data update and synch like originally instructed in the above thread.
This problem makes my website unusable for customers. Can you take a look or point me in the correct direction to resolve this?August 24, 2019 at 2:32 pm #645350August 24, 2019 at 2:45 pm #645360
I’m not sure this has any relation – but I’ve used the PO and MO files to change “activity” to “experiance”. I have left all the WP slugs as activity – but the translation file just makes it “experiance” when the user loads the page. Again, just wanted to bring that up as I;m really scratching my head as to why this stopped working.
thanks!August 26, 2019 at 11:11 am #646610
I can not access your site. So, i can not check to help you.
Pls. Providing information account admin correct.
ThanksAugust 26, 2019 at 5:47 pm #647120August 26, 2019 at 9:46 pm #647510
I’ve rebuilt the .htaccess file already and that did not help.August 27, 2019 at 10:21 am #648200
Pls,I checked and Conclusion that this error stems from your server. Now, You can contact to support your server for solve
ThanksAugust 27, 2019 at 11:33 am #648300
I’ve loaded the theme on another’s server and copied my po/mo files and css from earsleepplaygo.com and I am receiving the same results. What kind of server error could this be? Things seem to work fine until those things listed above are changed. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Memory limits? Php settings? Does the system search rely on things in the po/mo file?August 27, 2019 at 11:33 am #648310
Search works fine until those things are changed.August 28, 2019 at 4:33 am #649520August 28, 2019 at 4:36 am #649530August 28, 2019 at 4:39 am #649550August 29, 2019 at 5:25 am #651380
I have completely rebuilt my site after a fresh wordpress install and a fresh theme install.
I have actually traced this problem down to a very specific item. If you run the demo install for activity – and use it as a starting point to build your website – DO NOT DELETE the “activity type” attribute. Deleting this attribute (even after disassociating it from activities) causes a 500 Internal server error when you run a search.
Support – please look into addressing this item. For now, my site is fixed because I figured this out, but someone is bound to delete it and break their site.
JpAugust 29, 2019 at 2:09 pm #652410
Pls, not change your account login to your site. I can not log in to check to help you,
I have found that your website is working well with the search function. From your comment, You said that you changed something and led to a 500 error. Please tell me what you changed with the theme.
The attributes can be completely changed to suit the needs of the activity serviceSeptember 3, 2019 at 4:40 pm #657600
Deleting the “activity type” rendered the search broken and threw a 500 internal server error. Re-adding the “activity type” did not fix the issue. I had to fresh install the demo activity site to get it to work again.
The forum ‘Traveler’ is closed to new topics and replies.