HomePage Forums Traveler Urgent!! – Search throwing 500 Internal Server Error

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thao Le 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jp

My original thread was: https://shinehelp.shinetheme.com/forums/topic/adding-new-attributes-question/

It has morphed into a problem and away from my original question – so I am creating this new thread.

I started my site with demo data so I wouldn’t have to reconfigure everything. With that said – in the process of changing things to match my business, I added a few attributes and removed a few. After doing this – the search function throws a 500 Internal Server Error when I do not select anything and click search. If I chose any of the search criteria and click search – sometimes a new page comes up, but not always – and when it does its as if the whole page is not rendered.

After adding/removing attributes I did the data update and synch like originally instructed in the above thread.

This problem makes my website unusable for customers. Can you take a look or point me in the correct direction to resolve this?

jp
    This reply has been marked as private.
    jp

I’m not sure this has any relation – but I’ve used the PO and MO files to change “activity” to “experiance”. I have left all the WP slugs as activity – but the translation file just makes it “experiance” when the user loads the page. Again, just wanted to bring that up as I;m really scratching my head as to why this stopped working.

thanks!

Hello,

I can not access your site. So, i can not check to help you.
    Pls. Providing information account admin correct.

Thanks

jp
    jp

I’ve rebuilt the .htaccess file already and that did not help.

Hello,

Pls,I checked and Conclusion that this error stems from your server. Now, You can contact to support your server for solve

Thanks

jp

I’ve loaded the theme on another’s server and copied my po/mo files and css from earsleepplaygo.com and I am receiving the same results. What kind of server error could this be? Things seem to work fine until those things listed above are changed. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Memory limits? Php settings? Does the system search rely on things in the po/mo file?

jp

Search works fine until those things are changed.

jp
    jp
    jp
    jp

I have completely rebuilt my site after a fresh wordpress install and a fresh theme install.

I have actually traced this problem down to a very specific item. If you run the demo install for activity – and use it as a starting point to build your website – DO NOT DELETE the “activity type” attribute. Deleting this attribute (even after disassociating it from activities) causes a 500 Internal server error when you run a search.

Support – please look into addressing this item. For now, my site is fixed because I figured this out, but someone is bound to delete it and break their site.

Thanks
    Jp

Hello,

Pls, not change your account login to your site. I can not log in to check to help you,
    I have found that your website is working well with the search function. From your comment, You said that you changed something and led to a 500 error. Please tell me what you changed with the theme.
    The attributes can be completely changed to suit the needs of the activity service

jp

Deleting the “activity type” rendered the search broken and threw a 500 internal server error. Re-adding the “activity type” did not fix the issue. I had to fresh install the demo activity site to get it to work again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.